Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Write your own Mystery story



Write your own Mystery story

Length

Bronze medal = 2 paragraphs

Silver medal = 3 paragraphs

Gold medal = 5 paragraphs

Start writing below: Scenario 2

Mr Burt came to me and said that someone had drunk all the coffee in the entire staff room. The clues were Mr Goodwin's favourite mug, Mr Somerville’s jumper, Miss Tuia’s Keys and a squashed banana. That means there are four suspects Mr Goodwin,  Mr Somerville, Miss Tuia and Mrs Sio.

I go to Mr Somerville and interview him and the crime. 
"You drank all the coffee in the staffroom"I say.
"No i didn’t."
"Then why was your jumper there with coffee stains?"
"I was in a meeting and got hot and took it off and dropped into Mr Goodwin’s mug filled with coffee."

"Now Miss Tuia I know you drank all the coffee."
"No I didn’t"
"then why are your keys there?"
"I was running late so ran in so fast that I forgot about my keys."
"Then why didn’t you just put it around your neck?"
Miss Tuia was acting suspicious. That's when I realized that there weren’t enough coffee mugs so when Miss Tuia came she didn’t get coffee.

"Hmmm Mrs Sio you drank all the coffee"
"No I didn’t."
"Then why is there a squashed banana that you sat on?"
"I don’t know if I brought a banana to the staffroom. Mr Goodwin was the only one with a banana." Weird what she said was true. That means Mr Goodwin has to be the one.

"Mr Goodwin I know it was you."
"It wasn't though,"
"Don't you try to get out of this, you had your coffee mug there the whole time and it was stained. You were also the only one that didn’t leave the staffroom, you were eating your banana when Mr Somerville took off his jumper and splashed the coffee and gave you a fright. Miss Tuia’s keys when she was running hit the banana and then Mrs Sio sat on it. You are guilty!"

2 comments:

  1. Good story Roman!
    I really like how you covered all the suspects in detail and gave each of them their own paragraph to seperate their alibis. Next time can you use some speech marks so it's easier to read who is talking?
    Keep on writing and blogging during the home learning lockdown!

    Ngā mihi,
    Mr Vogt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how about that....was Mr Goodwin okay after all that coffee?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.