Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Helping save endangered animals

The wwf are trying to save a seal. The saimaa ringed seal is one of the most endangered seals in the world. There about 360 individuals left. The seal gives birth in a lair it digs into a snowy bank. If there aren't any snow banks the pups are born on open ice. the pups don't have any protection against predators. cold and human disturbance. Up to half the pups could die. so the wwf build snow banks for the seals. It's great the wwf can help endangered species like this. But they would need a long term plan.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora again Roman,

    Isn’t the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) doing amazing things for our animals? I believe it is organisations like this that really make a difference in the world.
    Well done on this. You have provided us with some important facts such as Saimaa ringed seals being endangered. I didn't know this!
    I don't know about you but I definitely believe it is so important to save our climate to help the Earth and our beautiful animals. In fact, I believe this so much that I tried to limit my plastic waste this year, it was really hard.
    Do you have any goals this year which would help the environment?

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.